OCEAN'S REACH CONTINUES A TOP A CERTIFIED FLORIDA GREEN LODGING
SANIBEL, FL -- Named the first Florida Green Lodging on Sanibel 3 1/2 years ago, Ocean's Reach recently passed a rigorous spot audit inspection from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, and continues its top green lodging certification. Currently fewer than 20% of Florida's approximately 5,000 resorts have the Green Lodging Certification.
Programs implemented throughout all 64 condominiums include:
- low-flow plumbing fixtures
- high-efficiency air filters
- clean air handler units and ENERGY STAR® appliances
- “green sealed” cleaning products and detergents
- EPA-approved organically based landscaping fertilizers
- Towel and linen re-use programs
- high-efficiency lighting and programmable thermostats in most units
- comprehensive recycling program for both guests and employees
Additionally, on site practices include increased water conservation, energy efficiency and clean air processes.
“It’s been almost five years since our staff at Ocean’s Reach set out to become more involved with the ecological conservancy efforts of the island,” said Boyle. “I think we’ve accomplished that, and more, and invite all of our neighbors and guests to join us in helping to preserve our island’s natural beauty.”
|Our guests are very pleased that recycling is available at Ocean's Reach.||Ocean's Reach receiving the official Florida Green Lodge flag from the DEP|