Snapshot of Timmy’s Nook on Captiva Island before it was demolished in 1994. From 1952 to 1994, Timmy’s Nook was a popular gathering place frequented by natives and tourists alike. In 1994, under new ownership, Timmy’s was rebuilt and renamed The Green Flash.
Photo courtesy of the Captiva Island Historical Society Archives.
The History Gallery, developed by the Captiva Island Historical Society, features many photos like this. All ages are welcome to step aboard a wooden replica of the old mailboat, Santiva, to capture the spirit of Captiva and learn through graphic and video panels about the events and people that shaped the island. The History Gallery is accessed through the Captiva Memorial Library, located on Chapin Lane on Captiva and open during library hours.
Visit the Captiva Island Historical Society website to view many more Captiva images from home!